A good maintenance programme will help protect your investment and save you time and money in the long term.
- Water within 30 minutes of laying your lawn.
- Water daily, depending on weather conditions, until it is firmly rooted. Check the rooting by carefully lifting a corner of the turf after 10 – 14 days.
- Your new lawn should be mowed within 10 to 14 days, depending on the season. The first mow should be a light trim, making sure not to scalp your new lawn.
- Once your lawn is firmly established mow it to a desirable height and maintain it at this level.
- Lawns require more mowing in the summer months and less as the temperature drops.
- Your lawn, like all garden plants, needs watering and the amount of water will depend on the weather conditions.
- We recommend you fertilise your lawn 6 times a year with a good lawn food.
- Always water your lawn immediately after fertilising to reduce the chance of burning the grass.