Driven by a passion for farming, J&B Buffalo Turf Supplies is owned and run by brothers Frank and Rob Muscat alongside their father, Dominic. Well-established in the Hawkesbury area, J&B is run by hands-on owners who have been concentrating on solely turf farming since 1988.
Influenced by strong family values, our team continues the business as a family who has now been farming for five generations, settling and farming in the local Hawkesbury area since 1963.
We are proud to have farms growing over 200 acres of turf across our local area. With four different farms all in the Hawkesbury, we firmly believe we are in the best area for growing quality grass. Located along the Hawkesbury Nepean River, we have an ample water supply which is necessary when growing high-quality turf from seed.
Amongst our selection of premium quality turf varieties, we supply the influence of our company brand, Sir Walter Buffalo turf. Evident through our name, you can be sure to trust we are the Sir Walter turf specialists. Whether you need to order the Australian naturalised grass or you simply just need assistance with getting the most out of your buffalo lawn, our team can be sure to help you.
What we do better than anyone
- We only grow turf to the highest purity, quality and perfection. Only the best will do.
- To ensure that the turf is supplied to you in the best condition we have the latest in machinery.
- We can also produce the Maxi Rolls which is important when you are laying out large areas.
- J&B Buffalo Turf Supplies is recognised as being a leader in this industry and we now distribute turf all around Australia and also supply growers in Queensland, South Australia and Victoria.
- As a partner of the Lawn Solutions Australia group, we only offer the newest varieties. You can be sure we know exactly what you will want and we are up-to-date with what is new on the market.
- We are AusGap certified which means we only supply genetically pure turf including Sir Walter DNA Certified turf.
We supplied the turf to the Flemington Race Course in Melbourne, Victoria.
When Royal Randwick Racecourse needed to be re-turfed after World Youth day 2008 our company, J&B Turf Supplies, was chosen to supply and grow the turf on one of our farms.